Thursday, March 23, 2006

march steaks

I'm fulfilling my one post a month. Or several posts in a 12 hour period for the month.

Steaks are awesome. This evening I had the luxury of blowing over $300 on a dinner for two at Charlie Palmer's. I ordered a steak that was approximately $6 a bite, Waguyi sirloin, good, but I trimmed about $10 worth of fat off it. The Pinot with the dinner was fantastic. The desserts decadent (chocolate is the way to go here). The service just right, attentive without making you feel embarrassed about the conversation you were carrying on interrupted (hah maybe that's just me). Yummy oysters, not too briny. Yeah, if you want to feel the full-fledge D.C. power towering over and around you, this is the place, the sort of place where I felt okay knowing my DC & Federal tax return made into my bank account and I was getting paid tomorrow so I could pull out the debit card instead of embarrassing myself by pulling out my non-Platinum American Express. Yeah, that's the kind of place Charlie Palmer's is. If you've got a snooty Beverly Hills high up on their horse kind of relative, this is the place to take 'em to make 'em feel small (not that I have those relatives).

No comments: