Sunday, November 24, 2013

I started this blog as a diversion. And now I'm totally not needing the diversion of this blog. My life almost has nothing to do with international affairs anymore, and when it does, a scant tangent to it. I have to almost re-title my handle, bureauquette, no more.

I've left that career behind, that tearfully attained master's degree in a discipline I don't ever practice. What changed? I work less. My job is to help people, well businesses, well the government. I had to look inside myself, because I had to take stock of the six years of emotional neglect. Spiritual neglect ... and this blog was a way to see how much I stayed in tune with that.

I've started to work less hours. I'm still salaried but I took a 25% pay cut to get hopefully 25% more time back in the rat race that's is living and working in the D.C. metro area. My closest are friends are the ones I can discuss consciousness practice with, I shell out oodles of money for clinics that help me realize physical intelligence. For a while I neglected this blog, because I thought it would just focus too much into my hobby of climbing. Hardly a hobby it is anymore, but rather a lifestyle. Every prospective friends, whether its someone I meet in a casual account, and friends I had from before, I explain, I climb, or ski, practically every weekend.

No comments: