Saturday, October 08, 2005

flights

Six hours from NYC to Washington. The plane was on the verge of a mutiny but I was surprised by how most people kept their cool and didn't complain too much. The problem was Reagan Airport. The weather had deteriorated so much that by the time they opened, and we had the go ahead (my flight from JFK got cancelled so they cabbed us to LaGuardia to catch an another already delayed flight) after sitting on the tarmac for almost 2 hours, we took off. I opened my eyes 45 minutes later to see fog. Or a cloud or something. And then a brief moment of DC's city lights, the quick strip of runway which quickly flew under the wheels before the jet climbed back into the sky. Thirty minutes later we landed in Richmond. The pilot, after only being able to see the runway after descending to 7,000 feet decided not to risk landing at Reagan and took us to Richmond to refuel. My fellow seatmates were seriously considering renting a car and driving.

6 Hours. That was my flight from Heathrow to JFK. Next time I'm just flying to Dulles and putting the cab fare on the company account.

No comments: