Saturday, October 01, 2005

Zieg honey

Thursday morning, the day of our checkout from the Frankfurt Airport Sheraton and an impending evening (unknown to us at that time a horrid flight) to the desert (where I am now), I fulfilled my body's request for some rejuvenation at the hotel gym. After enjoying a delicious breakfast buffet of yogurt and muesli (among other things like meats and fruit), myself and one other intrepid friend took the train into downtown Frankfurt. We came out on Zieg street where I immediately hit the shops: H&M and Zara to be exact. Why is the H&M in Europe so much better than the ones in the States?

Some type of fall festival was going on downtown as the entire street was filled with vendors: winemakers, country honey, sausages, apfelwein (regional specialty drink), wood carvers, soap makers, etc. Four years ago when I first came to Germany, I ate my host out of her creamed German honey, in three days. I have craved that honey, and I found it on the streets of Frankfurt and now there is some in my suitcase, which will hopefully not break on my flight home. I wandered around and took pix of the crowd (which will be coming soon when I get home). After tiring my feet we returned to the hotel, picked up our bags and then took a ride on possibly the worst airline I've ever ridden in my life.

No comments: