Thursday, April 14, 2011

In Return

And making what I have now a reality. I'm back in D.C. after some time. To be honest, I flit in and out. I am fortunate to have a patient and supportive mother who expresses minimally to me the frustration she must feel when I arrive, those bags explode, and then in a few hours to a few days, I'm gone again, leaving my room in a bigger disarray then when I arrived. It's been a bit of a trial, I thought I found love, and then I lost love. I was having fun and then the sense that I needed more to be fulfilled began to emanate in my thoughts. I wasn't sure if it's the effect of the dwindling savings account or something innate to my being. So I'm dealing with the eventual consequences of my actions. I have no regrets about the two great road trips I took, the many flights to visit to friends in other parts of the country, the people I shared my life with, and the enormous amount of money I spent on acquiring ski lift tickets and a pair of alpine touring skis. I made many new friends, I strengthened bonds with old friends, and perhaps even a little, I connected with people I hadn't seen in a long time. The next few hours, days, weeks, will play into a decision on whether I can become independent by working again and still hang on to that. In some ways I'm beginning to even wonder if it is possible given my choice of education and work experience. So we'll see.

No comments: