Wednesday, December 07, 2005

freedom for my lungs

Hell ya! DC voted 12-1 to institute a smoking ban. I am really not crying. Phew, the relief of not smelling like garbage when I get home from a bar or club. Or spending the next day recovering and trying to feel like a normal human being after injesting stale concentrated exhalations of smokers. Not having to face this scenario again: my favorite tuxedo black shirt still crumpled on my closet floor because it costs $4.50 to dry clean it, from my last outing. I know other smokers will cry but NYC has instituted the same ban, and I haven't heard any rumblings about loss of business. And face it, DC has bars unlike VA, although Guarapo's and Eleventh can compete, you can't really find the same stuff in Arlington than you can in DC. Also I'm glad to hear they are seeking exemptions for hookah's, because they don't seem to bother me as much, lack of additives perhaps?

No comments: