Friday, July 08, 2005

mother

My parents like to put the fear of God into me, for example, I got a call from my mom Wednesday night telling me she feared for me because of a stabbing that happened five blocks from me. A freakish act of violence. Freakishly enough, at that time I was probably walking outside just a few blocks south on my way home from Foggy Bottom. I remember some guy behind me and I kept watching him out of the corner of my eye, making sure I took streets with other people and heavy traffic. Yesterday's events certainly overcame the violence of the act on Tuesday night. Although I didn't feel like going out, I did anyway. Not going to let terrorists stop me from enjoying my life.

I enjoyed it so much I got up this morning and found my legs and arms were sore, from dancing with girls at 18th Street Lounge, barefoot, and almost in the rain.

No comments: