Monday, April 10, 2006

cowgirl on the beach


cowgirl on the beach
Originally uploaded by ScelestiX.
So here's the story. I feel like I've been raped by a horse's saddle, because literally, that's what happened when my intrepid friend you see I'm riding, decided to take off in a trot and LEAP over a one foot high barrier. I had no idea what pain and humiliation was in store for me once she landed. I had bounced part way out of my saddle with my right leg over her neck, my left still stuck in the stirrups, and the most uncomfortable parts of the saddle in my delicate regions. After grabbing her neck and realizing I had no control of her, I slid down and rolled away from what I hoped would not be a horse having a tantrum wielding angry hooves.

I'm okay, my ego and flesh is just a bit bruised and I have an even greater respect for horses. Also I think the next time I try to be adventurous during vacation, I should maybe have equestrian lessons prior to booking my next horse trail trip.

No comments: