Sunday, April 23, 2006

the wash out

I lead my first climb today!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooohhhhhooooooooooooooooo!

I'm super psyched only because I always thought you had to be a really awesome climber to lead(which I'm not). Admittedly it was a beginner route I lead (5.4), however I seconded a 5.8 and then flailed on another 5.8 (and almost broke my forearm--it's kind of gross, I did sort of a vertical arm bar that pinched my flesh to the bone, surprisingly no skin broke) trying to go over a wet drippy roof.

We were supposed to go to Seneca this weekend but it was a total wash out. For a bit we were climbing in the rain this morning, but around noon, the sun peeked out. Even though it was foggy and visibility was non-existant, the climbing areas on Sugar Loaf were beautiful; one is called 'Middle Earth' and in that mist, you could sincerely believe you were Frodo's companion. I know I'm a cheeseball LOTR geek.

No comments: