Sunday, April 09, 2006

last sunday

I screwed up Daylight savings time. A friend I was meeting to climb with at 7 AM called at the time saying she was going to be there five minutes late. I was still in bed. I ran out the door in 10 minutes knowing I still had a 1/2 hour drive before hitting Great Falls. Unfortunately I ran over a curb with my rear right tire. Partly down GW Parkway, my car started shuddering like there was a helicopter trying to land on its roof. I pulled over to an overlook and saw I had a thoroughly shredded and blown rear right tire. I pulled out the jack and lifted the car, but could not for the life of me get the lugs off. A couple strangers offered to help and I asked the last guy to help pull of the lugs and he walked me through changing the tire. I made it Great Falls by 8:30, did Splinters clean for the first time :) although only using the left approach, not straight up. I also climbed Lost Arrow (5.10+). Yeah, not free climb, but I learned to climb via its original method, aid climb. Afterwards I treated my car to some new tires and windshield wipers, my tummy to some Moby Dick's, and a nice nap once I got home.

No comments: