Monday, April 25, 2005

artless life

What would life be like without entertainment? There would be no blogs, there would be no DC Filmfest, I'd live in the drudgery of international affairs without the distraction of The Onion, no dancing out my knees at the Black Cat, and white chocolate would be an acceptable form of dessert. No maybe not the white chocolate, but it is an abhorrance of a treat. I'm clearly rambling here ... but you know I was just thinking of all the things that I'm thankful for that keep me distracted from doing meaningful things like applying for a promotion and writing a stellar research paper. Primarily doing things like checking out if there's another feline I roar at in hysterics on the web or surfing my 7 HBO channels which have absolutely nothing worth watching on.

Also without entertainment I couldn't stalk my friends Catherine, Tom, Julie, and Naomi as they happily traverse across Italy. That's okay in a few weeks I'll be juggling a pina colada in one hand and a Hawaiian Tropic in the other basking in the Cancun Mexico sun ...

No comments: