Wednesday, April 20, 2005

candidity

I discovered a blog today called Greek Tragedy. Catherine pointed this out in one post about bloggers who are turning into book authors, their words written in real print. Anyway, I'm loving reading about Stephanie Klein's life ... her blog seems genuine and not fictional, and even it were fictional it such a good read. I was asked by one male friend to 'juice-up' my blog. Yeah, I don't think so, my mom has the URL and I have a sneaking suspicion my ex has it bookmarked. Anyway, if I wrote everything down here, what would I have to chat about over 2 Amy's pizza with my girlfriends? I need to save my juicy bits. Although reading Stephanie's blog does make me wistful ... one that I could write like her, and two be that candid.

In other news, I had given my mom the okay a few months ago to play matchmaker. She says now that my two uncles and a cousin are already fixed up, its my turn and her and the aunties are looking in earnest. So ma, if you're reading this, remember these are my requirements (and good luck finding them in a Bengali dude):

-Over 6'2 ft in height (must be able to wear heels without embarrassing said hubby)
-Western education (higher than BA preferred, preferably not IT)
-US citizen, primarily brought up in the United States or other English speaking country
-fit (works out cares about appearances)
-comes from progressive family (read--westernized)

Hopefully these requirements don't make me seem too shallow. Although I think my wish list is longer for guys I meet on my own. The funny thing is my dad isn't so hell-bent on me marrying me Bengali, only cares if the dude is Muslim. However given my mom's and aunt's circle of friends, I don't see how they'll find anyone but a Bengali Muslim.

No comments: