Sunday, April 17, 2005

one of those things I don't get

So the new Nationals mascot was unveiled yesterday. I think it's hilarious its name is Screech. Kind of a cute dude. But it one of those things that makes me wonder? Like who is the person in that suit? Do they get adequate compensation for the humiliation?


Baseball is something I never understood, therefore I must find amusement in the sport like contemplating other things when watching ie: is he chewing gum or tobacco? What exactly is Screech trying to say there?
My only relationship to Washington baseball is that once I was in the musical, "Damn Yankees" performed at my high school which featured the Washington baseball team, "The Senators." The musical was a Faustian adaptation about a guy who would do anything to make the Washington team win. My contribution to the play was 'Fan #1' and 'Chorus.'

No comments: