Tuesday, April 05, 2005

it's official

HFStival is actually happening, despite actual radio station going away. The TicketBastard sales page confirms it. Has probably the best line-up I've ever seen in years ... Unfortunately, I will be going far away that day (May 14). An unofficial website seems to be the best source for news.

I have many fond memories of previous HFStivals ... like my first one in 1996 when my best friend and I accidentally got stuck in a vortex of mosh pits five feet away from a gyrating Gwen Stefani, I lost my shoe and sun glasses, and had to crowd-surf out while other damsels fainted from the exertion of the hot beating June sun ...

In 1997 when I got my first taste of electronic music and broke it down like the future (and now past) club kid I became to the delayed and much anticipated Crystal Method set ... and earlier fell in love with the now defunct Kula Shaker.

1998 ... that was my last one, for some reason that one must've been tame because I can't remember it ;)

No comments: