Sunday, March 13, 2005

Ash & The Bravery

Fabulous show. Disappointing that Ash decided to play the opening set (45 mins) for The Bravery so they only ended up playing two songs off of Free All Angels. However, I was super excited to see them after almost two years, and the band seemed to be super excited to see the crowd. Overall it was a good time, but through The Bravery set I kept hoping Ash would come out for an encore. For reviews, check out zunta.

Despite what others say, I was impressed by The Bravery. Particularly since they sound like Brit band, seemed to be on a Brit label (but maybe I'm totally wrong about this but I don't feel like checking my facts), and looked like a Brit band, they were actually American. Being a fan of Brit-pop (for some reason has become a scary word to use in DC among some bloggers--although Mousetrap acquainted me with it about two years ago) and going through my formative teenage angst ful years glued to The New Order, Monaco, and sycophants Frente, I never had a problem with the genre itself and am glad bands who continue their legacy still exist. I wish The Black Cat could have more excellent performers on their stages such as the ones Thursday night.

No comments: