Sunday, March 27, 2005

dc political hope

I normally don't expect responses back from politicians when I write them. I think the last one I got was some form written by a congressional staffer from John Warner's (R-VA) office when I was in high school. I wrote to him about domestic violence and asked him to stick up for stronger legislation. What I got back was a 4 page treatise on all the legislation Warner has supported during his upteenth terms as Senator ... I seriously doubt the Senator had that much time to write a response back to a 9th grader, and it was probably some guy who was tired of licking envelopes and wanted to flex his brain muscles.

Well anyway, I was quite delighted when I heard back from Jack Evans concerning my DC Smoke Free petition. Here's what he wrote (not much) but it doesn't sound like it came from his secretary:

From:"Evans, Jack (COUNCIL)" Add to Address Book
To:"'scelesti25@yahoo.com'"
Subject:RE: Please Make the Nation's Capital Smokefree!
Date:Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:03:11 -0500

Naz - thanks for writing me regarding this issue. When this legislation
comes before the full Council for a vote, I will be supporting it. Jack

No comments: