Monday, March 07, 2005

light at the end of tunnel

almost ... so as promised I've been amiss.

Weekend events:

Friday: eating nothing that night, lifting weights, then proceeding to drink an entire bottle of wine at a party, and then dancing till I had to sit down (for all of two songs) ... sigh, my club kid days seem so long ago ... when I could dance from 9 PM till 4 AM, heels broken, sore, sweaty, make-up left somewhere on the dance floor.

Saturday: waking up supremely hung over, not remembering what happened to my car, aware of no groceries in the fridge, and that I have a paper due that day that I haven't even started on. Spent rest of day alternatingly writing about diplomatic negotiations in Soviet-US ship bumping exercise and napping off the urge to puke non-existant stomach contents onto my berber rug ... which by the way, is somewhere under the hairballs (cat and me), shedding fur, stacks of books, papers, and clothes.

Sunday: feeling like a normal human being had brunch with Naomi and Julie, replenished food stock, procrastinated on studying for midterm.

Am now procrastinating studying for midterm ... and tomorrow night, super excited about Banff Film Festival! Dreaded midterm on Wednesday evening, plenty of time!!!

Thursday night, dreaded paper and midterms over, at least until spring break. Rocking out at the Ash show at the Black Cat Thursday night. Been waiting since ... a year and a 1/2 ago when they were here last. Bought tix last night, may possibly sell out thanks to likely Express coverage that day ... perhaps last time they'll play at a small venue such as Black Cat in DC ... I guess 9:30 Club is next up for them.

Friday off to New York City and my favorite and unlikely vineyards in Long Island.

No comments: