Sunday, April 24, 2005

creeping closer

So all good things must come to an end ... at least for this year, the 2005 DC Filmfest closes its doors this afternoon, and I don't have the excuse of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see foreign flicks that won't hit the American market. I've certainly done my binging on cinema this past week. I caught Peacock ... which unfortunately was disappointing, saw the hilarious tongue-in-cheek Manual for Love Stories and last night saw the thriller Private, based on trues stories in the occupied territories.

Today I revisited Hollywood, forgetting cry-baby Sean Penn was starring in this movie, and saw The Interpreter ... but I do love Nicole Kidman. I'm sure I'll find other diversions from writing my paper, all 15 pages due in less than two weeks.

No comments: