Wednesday, April 20, 2005

feverish nightmares

Last night I spent much time alternating between shivering with chills or sweating profusely and having nightmares about Damian's psychopathic character in Cronicos (see previous post). Yesterday I had woken up with my temperature 4 degrees above normal, today only 2 degrees above normal. I feel like this is the most I've ever gotten sick, since high school anyway. Usually I'm impervious to colds and flu ... although this year I didn't get a flu shot like I normally do (thanks to wonderful flu vaccine shortage) ... I don't know if that has anything to do with it. For some reason I didn't feel like taking my usual pre-cold treatment of echinacea every hour for eight hours, maybe that's why I'm still feeling sick. For the past two days I have been drinking copious amounts of herbal tea, which while I'm drinking does make me feel better.
It sucks being sick, like I know every minute I'm falling more and more behind at work, and for some reason even though I stay home, I'm never able to make a productive day of it like tidying up my place or catching up on homework or trying to get ahead in graduate studies. Instead I mope ... the temperature gauge from the Weather Bug says its 77 degrees outside. I feel crummy enough with two massive red volcanic zits on my face, un-showered, hair unkempt, and still in mismatched PJs to walk across the street to buy some ginger ale or get some Tazo juiced iced tea from Starbucks, only three block away.
Also I don't get why people at work, on the metro, who are sick decide its okay to show up in public and spew their germs on the healthy ones so we get sick. It's simply irresponsible. SICK PEOPLE STAY AT HOME!!!

No comments: