Saturday, April 02, 2005

El nino, God whatever

Please do something about this weather. I know its really cliche to whine about DC weather on a blog, but COME ON!!! You're absolutely ruining my plans to try out my new hydration pack and break into my new hiking boots, plus just get a decent afternoon to go rockclimbing ... which like I predicted (big tongue sticking out of face to rockclimbing friends) Friday was beautiful!!! But no, I suffered horrible allergies, debating whether I would get a phone call in time to head out to Great Falls NP or Carderock and shoot up on some steroid nasal spray to make a sweaty dirty daring afternoon of it, hanging precariously above turbulent swollen Potomac waters off of Mather Gorge ... UGH! AAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!! Instead I went to bed at 4 PM and didn't wake up until 7:30 AM the next morning.

I am uber squirrelly, thankful for rainy allergen free days, but itching to get out on a sunny spring day!

No comments: