Saturday, September 10, 2005

Powell Commission

So Powell is possibly going to lead a commission to investigate the handling of Hurricane Katrina?

Just as a point, I find that fascinating given his admission about the infamous speech he gave to the UN:
Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said Thursday his prewar speech to the United Nations accusing Iraq of harboring weapons of mass destruction was a "blot" on his record.
"I'm the one who presented it to the world, and (it) will always be a part of my record. It was painful. It is painful now," Powell said in an interview with Barbara Walters on ABC-News.

Is this a recovery attempt?

1 comment:

Chopin Girl said...

Possibly... but he's one of the few folks in the United States that can actually pull it off well. In my eyes, he still has a lot of credibility..it was a blip, as he says, on his record but he DID admit that he was wrong, which makes him favorable in a lot of folks' eyes. I think he's good to go.