Tuesday, December 14, 2004

one semester done

i have semi completed my first semester as a grad student!!!! whooohoooo! Of course haven't gotten my grades yet ... I suppose I should actually send in my final exam ... I'm am very looking forward to a brief life until Spring semester starts ... and my immediate goal is to enjoy Sex & The City on TBS (yeah got on the bandwagon too late, but this is from someone who lived in a house that didn't get cable--and basic cable at that--until three years ago!) and my first non-fiction read in several months: Olivia Jones and the Overactive Imagination by Helen Fielding ... falling in love with Osama? After reading the Edge of Reason, which almost put me past the edge of reason into nutty neurosis I am very happy with the way the plot is going ... chicki evening it is

I'm not going to just yet start on the read, today will probably be my most blogging to date ... so more on Tampa: Saturday I went to Busch Gardens, had endless fun whistling at pretty tropical birds and riding roller coasters half-full on Sunday I biked the Pinellas trail for about 10 miles, which is good for me considering the only biking I've done recently is up and down Mass. Ave, exhilarating and stupid considering I was doing it in the dark during rush hour ...

Saw a couple movies: Closer; which I liked because apparently the auditorium was packed with couples who didn't read the reviews and thought it was going to be a cutsie romantic flick ... I admit to a perverse satisfaction as I saw them leave clutching their beloved, whispering 'the trailer was soooo misleading' (suppressed evil cackle from the girl sitting in front row center in the 2nd Tier) ... it's good to find movies about love that make the single girl happy ...

and for any of you wilting after a love gone bad, heartily recommend the Bitter Single Guy:

tantalizing excerpt: "In sex, in relationships, in love and in life: your brain is not your friend"

Also, "Ocean's 12" ... fun, cute I'm already jaded by Washington Post reviews about how it was pretty much big shot Hollywood actors acting like themselves ... although it's always a pleasure to see George Clooney on-screen ....

What else is of interest to note in Tampa that I did? Ooh Fort deSoto Park on Sunday ... too cold to swim or layout, but the walk on the beach was nice followed by the fried claims and chips in basket watching the buoys drift ...

The weekend before, I drove all over the Tampa Bay area, until I had to fill up my tank, and then continued driving. I find that I enjoy traveling by myself ... boy after this blog everyone will think I'm a misanthrope ... but I also find I sightsee and wander until I exhaust myself ...

I think this is a good place to voice my unpopular opinions:

-like why does every girl think Brad Pitt is hot? He looks kinda like a canine to me.

No comments: