Tuesday, December 14, 2004

per diem

being a govee has its perks ... I'm in Tampa, its sunny, and its not what you think ... the wind chill makes it feel like 40 degrees and my Weatherbug is telling me its 55 outside ... Life in Tampa surrounds the malls, every other block has a strip joint ... never been to a strip joint ... these strip joints are typically very close to everything. Makes me curious, one person told me that Tampa was the birthplace of Hooters and many other chains ... oh yes and going back to govee perks ...

I'm on per diem, about $43 a day regardless if a spend it or not on food. So I love food and I love new restaurants, but after saving my lunches and breakfasts (filching them from the hotel breakfast buffet) I've been splurging on three course meals practically every night ... oh the riot in my stomach ... I realize restaurant food, particularly swanky restaurant food was not meant to be eaten every day. My stomach has expanded up to my thorax, and even though the cool temperatures give me a good reason not to sun bathe, I believe I'll be shipping my swimsuit back with my finals study materials and wearing what ever baggy clothes I have ...

No comments: