Thursday, December 30, 2004

farewell o ye' 04

yeah, just had a bad martini and an even worse bourbon, but i feel it is worth to recap my life in 2004, i found myself turned around 360 degrees plus 540 degrees at the end of the year from the beginning of the year ... the unpredicted events:
-ending of the most serious relationship I've ever been in
-getting my dream job
-working full time AND going to graduate school
-buying my first home and thus fulfilling my second dream--to become a DC resident
-for someone never owning a tv, actually ending up with a semi-free LCD HDTV hanging on my wall ("came with the condo")
Predicted events (sort of)
-getting into graduate school and actually becoming a student, although part-time instead of full-time as originally envisioned

The New Year's resolutions for 2004 that didn't make it:
-competing at the US Taekwondo National Championship (I did clean out VA State Championships---beating the heavyweight of the state and the 'mature' women's division, reigning female lightweight--okay so I actually had no one in my division to contest me)

due to new job with stricter hour requirements I just wasn't able to dedicate the time to train to warrant spending all the money on going to Nationals ... also USTU had a massive scandal and the US Olympic Committee tookover its governance ... making this year's Championships somewhat of a sham ... anyone could compete whether or not they placed in the State or Regional tournaments

Well since I got my dream job I guess I can put that dream of being an Olympic Taekwondo athlete out of my head for now :) although I guess 24 is too old to be an Olympic athlete

-travelling South of the Equator ... thought I might've at least gone to S. America, but alas, having dreams come true means giving up others for the time being (lack of funds and attractive bonus offer for starting sooner at said dream job)

I think my other resolution was going to graduate school, which I did, but I think I made it so that wasn't a resolution ... more like a requirement

Other interesting things that happened in 2004 that was unexpected:

-Bush actually getting a second term
-Rumsfield actually staying Secretary of Defense
-Involuntary celibacy after Memorial Day weekend
-Actually biking in DC streets with out getting killed
-actually had hair-brained things come true -- like my scheme to get my new job to help pay for graduate school, buy a condo with the possibility of selling it to pay off future graduate student loans ... and uh I won't mention the other parts of my financial plans :) still working on those :)
-having the only exercise I do after moving to dc be rockclimbing/sportclimbing
-not doing Taekwondo after moving to DC
Bugh, the above two aren't very interesting, well before it's the last day of 2004, I bid you adieu, until a few hours at least


Oh yeah, who actually thought that Sharon would outlive Arafat????!!!!!! Who???????!!!!!! Aren't those two supposed to die together in some calamitous battle!!!!!?????

No comments: