Tuesday, December 28, 2004

plastics and poison

while heating my lunch in the office kitchen, I caught sight of one of those 'public service announcements' people like to put up, telling me some cancer researcher at John Hopkins University warns of dangerous carcinogens leaching into food heated in plastic, whether in tupperware or plastic wrap covering ... the letter suggested using corningware or glass ... after doing a google search i started wondering about ploys marketers use for particular industries ... i remember a long time ago, my first bf's mother telling me she always stored food in glass because she was weary of poisons from plastics ... was the warning from glass producers? or is it a complete hoax? or is it true? another secret marriage between the gov't and a political campaign-profitable industry? ahhh another washingtonian urban ponderment (yes I think I made that word up--but its my blog so I can do that!!!)

No comments: