Wednesday, December 15, 2004

veer away

because of weird flippy floppy weather Tampa, ie: the weekend I arrived here it was about 50 degrees on Saturday but during the week it was a balmy 80 degrees, and now this week there was a windchill of 27 degrees! ... I've done a lot of shopping ... I thought i would be adequately packed with my camisole tops and knee high linen skirts ... well some of those items got shipped off back to DC ... along with other goods I procured at the outlet shopping mall

so shipping, went to the post office at the airport and looked through the doors to see a line snaking through the Tampa headquarters 3 ft deep and everyone seeming to hold three or five boxes. So I went to FedEx ... three day shipping for a 40 lb box for $33, pricey, and even though it would've given me a good excuse to buy more luggage, I can't bear the thought of travelling with extra bags when connecting flights ...

yeah not a very exciting story, but one ironic bit of news: Bush gives Tenet the Medal of Freedom

No comments: