Tuesday, January 04, 2005

new year in fear

i am in fear of being caught blogging on official government equipment, but i have just finished a dreadful task and am looking forward to this time of doing nothing ... like trying to decrypt the answering machine message on my dentist's phone explaining the various hours they are open so I can schedule a time for when I'll get a cavity filled ...

my new year's was great ... it was all about going on Thursday night, the eve of New Year's eve, and then chilling at a pj party the next evening ... i shook it up the next night at MMXXIII (that's probably the wrong way to Roman enumerate 1223) ... I forgot how strong martini's are, the small glasses looked deceptively innocuous ... my friend and stumbled back to her place after finding out that the cab fare to my place was an additional $5.50, for only five freakin' blocks! But I was really too out of it go back to my place, I had broken my feet with my new 9 West 4 'in unbelieveably hot strappy sandals, and by mid morning Jan 2nd, my friend and I were both taking turns hugging her toilet ... I think I was still smashed around noon that day ... and now alarming news

read the last line ... my favorite dms (during menstrual syndrome) drug could possibly be linked to heart attacks ...

but for a feel good fuzzy feeling that actually brought tears to my eyes ... US-Indonesia Divide ... although I can complain about the US hesitating (or Bush anyway), and obviously this will be used as a major campaign to improve US perception abroad, I think this story is great ... these days the newspapers don't have very happy news stories and it's good to see one once in a while :)

No comments: