Monday, May 09, 2005

decemberists

After reading Tom's review, I was happy that I had sold my tickets on Craigslist to a cute stranger I met on K & 18th St. He seemed quite thrilled that I was willing to let go of them at their original price ... apparently I was nuts because the show had sold out and other people were selling them for twice as much. Well I had my sister's graduation to attend, and once I listened to their music again, I realized it might have been too mellow a show for me ... although bands have surprised me before ... I've hated many a band to only fall in love with them after hearing them in concert (aka Kula Shaker, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Wyclef, Green Day, and some others). Ah well, apparently one show I was not to miss (and did) was the Audioslave show, starring my high school crush, Chris Cornell. Apparently the band played Soundgarden and Rage Against the Machine songs... sigh, now that would've been cathartic.

No comments: