Monday, May 02, 2005

gearhead

Recently I've become one ... because for some reason I think its absolutely necessary to treat myself repeatedly to luxuries I really can't afford, particularly after failing or passing midterms/exams. So far my best purchase so far has been my 6 GB iPod mini. It's great, but like most headphones, I ripped them while exercising. So here comes my first product review. I bought Sony's high performance ear buds, which for $50 wasn't really cheap. They suck. Good sound, very very very BAD design. The lame-ass bird brain who designed it put the divider between the buds on the left side, so your left ear bud has a lot more weight on it and if you dare move, will fall out of your left ear. This has made any physical activity while listening to my iPod strife with pauses, curses, and the need to rip these stupid overexpensive headphones to shreds. They deliver awesome sound, however again, because of a design issue, you can hear every sounds the wires make as they rub against your clothes ... ergh!

Onto the other product review, the Griffin iTrip mini is pretty cool. So far has worked on my car and my home stereo. I don't think you get as great a sound and sometimes there's a little static, but that's pretty rare.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you should try the Shure 3C or 5C and/or - if design at its highest is what you are looking for - the B&O ear buds. Incredibly comfortable and great sound. Or, if 500$ won't change your day, try Ultimate Ears. They will ship you a technician to shape the buds to fit your ears specifically. Unmatchable, and for the real music freak. ;)