Sunday, May 08, 2005

a situation

I'm trying to adjust to a sleep cycle ... tonight I was talked into going to Tequila Beach, a place who's reputation I put down there with Polly Esther's and Lulu's ... I swear, there were people there from Manassas or worse, The Plains (they have young people out there? still???). One thing that particularly strikes me is how one reader review in Wapo claimed that the bar is really cool because it doesn't have the 'usual DC garbage' ... excuse me???? DC garbage?? How about white trash garbage? Oops, sorry. I lasted for about 1 and 1/2 hours which is pretty good, thanks to one friend who insisted the DJ play a Bhangra mix. Geez, I know I'm considered a club snob, but I feel like my adoration of Black Cat and Cafe Citron temper out my outings to 1223, IndeBleu, Zaytinya, Jaleo, or Indique (which are really more eating establishments--I actually love to eat more than drink). And did I mention, IndeBleu has the most amazing 'lamb lollipops' aka uber succulant masala rubbed lamb chops for an appetizer? That Indique has the most amazing crab cakes, with a hint of Bombay spice? Also Zaytinya's has amazing lamb kefta? And a tasty Ouzotini? Also Jaleo's chorizo and vodka spiked sangria ... a girl's best pick me up on a lousy day.

Well the situation: Final due Wednesday for a class I'm failing ... and my friends are going climbing tomorrow!!!! I suppose if I wake up I'll make an effort to go, not fair!!!! Promise to work really hard Sunday night and Mon, Tues, and Wedn. morning.

2 comments:

Chopin Girl said...

Thanks for coming out, Naz. You made it fun for the rest of us, if anything! Next time, I promise not to force you to come out unless it's 1223 or IndieBlue, eh??? Next admin night even if it is a Tuesday night! :) Good luck on your paper!!!

Ex-Bureauqette said...

oh Stanli! don't feel bad, it was my decision, I'm glad i could come if not for anything than stick my noses up at the pregnant 16 year olds on the dance floor ;)

next time, admins ... Raku and Agua (both places I haven't been) & JT ;) :O