Monday, May 02, 2005

thinking


What I love is how I think of great blog entries, when I can't blog, like in the car when I'm driving. Particularly when I'm coming home to DC from everywhere else. Frankly, I think Washington is the most beautiful city in the United States ... the fact that the city planners were able to turn a swamp into an oasis of elegance and sculpture-ended bridges is pretty much a marvel. My favorite part of returning to DC is driving across the Roosevelt bridge, seeing the glassy Potomac reflecting in the sparsed out lights on the faint shadow of low bridges, the luminescent dome of the Jefferson memorial, the pillar of Washington's monument, and the rotunda of Capitol Hill presiding over all of it. I like how I can see old oaks of the mall rather than the sky scrapers behind me in Rosslyn (okay relative sky scrapers), all trying to out do eachother for a view of the nation's capital.

No comments: