Saturday, June 04, 2005

beautiful

Night it was ... and kinda interesting ... I smelled Friday evening all around me ... the men's cologne in the elevator, the phantom of the social smoker in my hallway. After calling all my friends who lived near this city for one night on the town on my last weekend before enduring work for the next three weekends, I was in the mood to dance. These were the excuses I got:
"I gotta wake up at 5 AM to run 7 miles!" (alright props to you guys I know you'll whip ass),
"I'm going to the Spoon concert at 9:30 Club ... its sold out" (well at least somebody's getting out)
"We're at Soussa smoking a pipe, come" (I want to dance dammit),
"Eating thai, going to bed soon" (dance???),
"I have to work tomorrow" (okay, I feel your pain, that'll be my excuse for the next weeks),
"I'm still on a bus hours away from DC, but I'm staying in Northern VA tonight" (I fear for you)
"I just got back from happy hour and I'm sick" (yea, cuddle up with your dog ...)
and really the list goes on, most of the time I got voicemail ...

So what's a girl to do? Pop in her contacts, scrub her armpits, curl her hair, squish into her skinny jeans and hail a cab to an address she's not quite sure of ...

Agua Ardiente was where I headed, and IT WAS FUN!!! I ordered a cosmopolitan, chatted with two nice strangers, ran into an old co-worker, and remembered how to dance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww....sorry I missed. sounds like you had a blast though!

The 7 miles was a killer.

Chopin Girl said...

I'm sorry as well, Naz--- You know I'm always your girl for dancing! But I had to get to work today. I really admire your perseverance to go out by yourself. YOU ROCK MY WORLD and you're my idol! :) :) :) I'll talk to you soon, though!