Thursday, June 23, 2005

spice

I actually went to IndeBleu a couple days ago for a real sitdown dinner. The first time I went was to have appetizers and drinks ... I'm still a huge fan of the blackberry mojito. As usual the tuna tartare was good, as was the mushroom stuffed dosa (the Indian version of a burrito). I ordered Tandoori Lamb, my friend ordered veal tenderloins crusted with fennel. Tasty, can't say terribly memorable. Dessert was the tiniest gulab jamun I had ever seen in my life with saffron-cardamom ice cream put through a potato press to make into 'spaghetti.' My friend and I joked about the 'choco sutra.' The waiter must've dislike me because when he asked if anything special had happened that day, I said, 'I got off work.' Maybe he thought I was being a snob. Really we had a few things to celebrate, for instance me actually treating my friend to his birthday dinner two months after the fact and my promotion and raise (nothing to whoop about-your typical gov't promotion and raise--you have to actually try very hard not to get one ... ooh I'm going to hate it when they move to the payband) ... anyway, the meal was good, thankfully they served naan with the meal otherwise I would've run across the street to Chipotle and stuffed my face with a burrito.

No comments: