Friday, June 03, 2005

gyno

I'm dreading it, the usual check up, and I'm supposed to be there in a little over an hour. Nevermind battling through the Alexandria late rush hour traffic, or swerving around bicyclists and delivery trucks wontonly placed on major thoroughfares, but the thought of those ... stirrups, that crazy light, some person you barely know peering into your private innards ... don't get me started. I'm trying to think of excuses not to go, like ... umm ... I'm menstruating today (I know y'all needed to know that). But something in my memory from my last visit saying that a 24 hour cancellation period is required or I will be charged the amount of the visit? Or was it $25? I think I'd rather go running than go to the gyno ... and I loathe running ... but being outside and running somehow makes it okay, unless one of the quacks at the rehab/homeless shelter near me start talking to me like I'm an airline attendant (yes happened before). Ugh.

Update: So umm, yeah menstruating does get you off the hook (duh! took my asking the receptionist to find that out). Anyway, gave me an excuse to stop by Hecht's for pretty crystal barware on sale and Pier 1 for candles.

No comments: