Monday, February 14, 2005

blow over day

I actually didn't feel like blogging today. When I came home, my bed looked very inviting so I dived in, hoping to recuperate the sleep I lost this past weekend and last night fretting about a work assignment this morning, which didn't happen! Aaargh, all that anguish for nothing.

Saturday night after being able to work out for the first time since getting sick, I went to Marrakesh for a semi-farewell dinner. I was somewhat pleased this time, typically I thought of the place as a tourist trap with mediocre food, but this time the food was good, and according to my honored friend, so was the belly dancer. Onwards we went to the Flinstone's bar in Chinatown ... er, some Irish pub/bar place with an Irish cover band. It was fun to see the suburbanites cut loose and dance.

Sunday I fueled my obsession with Better Than Ezra. I learned that 'Closer,' possibly one of the best albums that came out the beginning of the 21st Century, and BTE's best album to date is a rarity ... out of print because the label went bankrupt. I played the album on repeat all day Sunday, and scoured the web for news of Kevin Griffin's baby ... because it was I who wanted to have his baby! ... er metaphorically anyway. Then I went to Two Amy's which I'm also obsessed with now. This is pizza I could have every week! I love it simple ... with the buffalo mozzarella like melted butter on my tongue and the tangy tomato sauce that I could sup from a bowl ... oh ... so good ... just thinking about it ...

Anyway, waiting for Valentine's day to blow over, the outdoor conditions makes for great staying in and having sex weather, so for me that means going to back to sleep, or having another cup of chocolate pudding and watching Sex & City.

No comments: