Friday, February 18, 2005

spring for films

This was the post that blogger ate earlier in the week, so I'm re-writing it. The great thing about Spring is the myriad of film festivals to attend in the DC metropolitan area. One of the first (and I know I've missed several others) is the Banff Film festival, showcasing documentaries on extreme outdoor adventures. I'm sure I'll miss this one because it occurs during the week of my mid-terms. Well if you miss this one, there's hope that you can catch some of the films in April at the DC Film Fest which showcases international films. Last year I went to about 6 films or so, all well worth it. Of course I'm sure finals will keep me from going this year. If you miss those two filmfests there's still the AFI SILVERDOCS festival in Silver Spring, which showcases only documentaries. Somehow I think the summer class I plan to take will interfere with that too. I'll find ways to blow off some academic responsibility and go anyway.

No comments: