Thursday, August 18, 2005

A bar I like

No freaking way!!! Yes, I was please to discover not only the smoke-free Marty's in Capitol Hill, but also that Heritage India on Connecticut has a great happy hour (don't believe the WP reader's comments on Marty's, the owner came up to my friend and I, and brought our drinks to us on the house). As for Heritage: $4 Smirnoff martini's (their specialty is the Melon Drop) and a 1/2 priced appetizer menu, which consists entirely of their Indian 'street vendor' tapas-like menu. Also their mango lassi, not sugary sweet but creamy with a hint of condensed milk is quite good, although my favorite is still Indique's. Normally in the summer I don't want the additional heat of South Asian cooking, but in a lovely restaurant, with little cigarette smoke, quiet enough that I'm not going hoarse from talking to my companion, and a menu that does not have the typical quesadillas and buffalo wings, I can make an exception.

No comments: