Wednesday, August 03, 2005

sweet potatoes stood up

I was going to post something like this last night, but today I decided not to:

In this day in age with the many communication tools we have it makes absolutely no sense. This is surely chutzpah for my thinking I could actually have a dating life while being a graduate student and working full time (and only a week away from a final).
1. There's a phone, EVERYWHERE, call me and if you don't have a really good excuse, make one up, it'll help me feel better, I could be worrying that your sorry ass has been abducted by aliens.
2. We made plans an hour before!!! What could've happened???
But I'd rather talk about my favorite vegetable: sweet potatoes (if you count tomatoes as fruit):

Maybe you don't remember my quest for local homegrown festival hand cut sweet potato fries, only to be sorely disappointed, I discovered two joints that serve sweet potato fries within walking distance: P St. Bistro and St. Ex.

P St. Bistro Cafe has sort of flat, I think slightly coated double fried sweet potatoes
Cafe St. Ex has thin sweet potato fries

Neither are the festival variety I was looking for, but I can't cry about the P St. ones because they were donated by the table next to us when we were a bit conspicuous about staring at them. I like P St., I ordered a sandwich though, and I'm not really a sandwich person. It was the steak sandwich, although fine, wasn't exactly something to order again ... needed spice. But regardless its a great neighborhood joint to have a casual dinner with a girlfriend and catch up with gossip, etc.

2 comments:

Chopin Girl said...

goodness, Naz.... who was the creep-oid this time?

At least you found your sweet potatoe fries... I have to admit, they are in fact good!!!

Anonymous said...

let's go on a hunt for the best sweet potato fries. they are so yummy.

well, we definitely need a girls' night out this weekend. boys suck.