Sunday, August 07, 2005

on

Friday I drank too much. It's typically what happens when I have a weekend off these days, I get completely shit-faced like a 16 year old at someone's house when the rents are gone. Usually I schedule rockclimbing the next morning. And usually its a good way to sweat out the hang over. But today hurt, oh I so hurt. My hip joints are crazy popping.

I have one more weekend before I pull my disappearing act again. On other news (skip if you're bored my climbing lingo), I found out hangover or not, not climbing for two weeks seriously deteriorates my forearms. Or should I do a warm up before tackling my nemesis? Everyone says its difficult, but they can complete it, but I can't. Even delivery room gave me trouble after I completely maxed out my forearms. Amazingly enough I'm doing the layback better but getting used to the cracks is not good for my typical favorites, the nubble face climbs (which are fine I guess with the help of a few flakes). My grip has also deterioriated. Hopefully next weekend I'll be practicing attaching anchors for a go at sport climbing.

The last time I went climbing I also gardened, we did a chimney for a beginner climb in the Cornice area. As the first person to go up the chimney, I found it was over grown with thorns, so I spent a decent part of the time pulling them out with only a bandana wrapped about my hands. The cornice roof however still remains my nemesis.

No comments: