Friday, August 19, 2005

not meant to be

a whiny post, can't get my car to rent. Annoyingly, everytime I talk to Advance Car Rental, the date moves back from when it is available. In the intial call I was told it wouldn't be available for my birthday, after sending the requisite proof of insurance and driver's license in hopes I could book partly through labor day, my phone call was greeted with news of unavailability that weekend as well. Now two days later, after they told me they'd call me and never did, I call them and am told the cars are booked through October ... that typically they contract these cars out to government or corporations for months! AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrghghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! By the time that car comes back, it will be too cold to put the top down and take it to Skyline Drive! They tell me I can rent their luxury sedans ... do I look like I have kids in the care of a nanny in my posh Great Falls home? Maybe I should wait until I got to California where every rental place, including Budget has them? But not this year.

Oh well, the gods telling me I have spent my money on enough. Somehow I knew getting an SL 55 for $350/day was too good to be true.

No comments: