Wednesday, August 24, 2005

city treasures

Yesterday I hiked to the Indian Embassy to apply for a Visa, I must say, having garage parking available at home and work has made me the ultimate lazy cat ... so I decided that the walk and back was enough to supplement my running later in the evening. After I had relinquished my passport for that afternoon in the hot basement that was the consular section of the Embassy, in search of shadier sidewalks flanked by leafy trees, I headed East on S Street, and found the Textile Museum. As with many musuems, the gift store articles were unique, however over-priced, and the exhibits were over in a quick stroll. However, they had a really nice garden, which would easily make a nice lunch spot. Leaving the museum, I came upon a cul de sac, the top of the Spanish Steps. What a nice little romantic grotto! Shady, with a fountain at top, and no less than two couples meeting on those steps under the trees.

No comments: