Saturday, January 15, 2005

a crime in f*cked up good ole dominion

all these years, I've been committing a crime .... obviously I must've had a martini because this is much too personal for me to broadcasting over the web. Although my parents probably in their hearts know this, they will not be marrying me off as a virgin ... oops, again too much information

The case involved a woman who sued her former boyfriend. Muguet S. Martin of Dinwiddie asked for $5 million in damages from Ziherl when she learned she had contracted herpes after they had had unprotected sex. She alleged that Ziherl knew about his condition but failed to inform Martin.
Circuit Court Judge Theodore J. Markow in Richmond dismissed the lawsuit, concluding that Martin was not entitled to sue for damages that occurred during an illegal act (who'da fuckin' knew???). The state Supreme Court ruling reinstates the lawsuit, which will proceed in Circuit Court.
"I can't say we're pleased we made Virginia safe for fornication," said Neil Kuchinsky, Martin's attorney. "Though some will thank me, I'm sure. What we're saying is, there's a new sexual rule of procedure in Virginia. That is, 'If you're not asked, do tell.' "


Well I'm glad I live in the wonderful semi-state of the district of columbia now, although the point made in this article is pretty important. Anyway, I shall retire this early morning, so that I can greet my wonderful painters in hopes that by Sunday morning my home will be a beautiful colorful place and I'll have a harmonious bathroom that will no longer inspire sinus pain.

No comments: