Saturday, January 22, 2005

dc+white+Saturday=productive

So this morning I slept in and still managed to work out, do the laundry, clean my entire place and have a conversation with a professor on the phone about the first day of class that I missed. Upon trying to figure out other productive things to do not involving leaving my building, I decided to explore other blogs. Hahaaa, and I found a good one. I haven't actually read anything but I'm impressed by his pictures. This particularly impresses me because using that thingy blogger makes you use to post pictures confounds me and seems to take too long.

I think the rest of the day I'm going channel surf and drink homemade chai which for any of you interested is worth the time to make b/c the stuff they serve at coffee shops is not chai. It is concentrated crap. Although i will buy and drink it because I'm lazy. But in case you are interested; here is Naz's recipe for superb chai (measurements approximate):

Real Chai:

put one part milk, one part water in a small saucepan, put heat on low. Put however many teabags or loose tea ... loose tea from 'desh is preferable but if you must resort to store bought teas I recommend PG Tips bag tea or loose Twinings English Breakfast.

pinch of ginger, ground or fresh
brown sugar or honey to taste
an inch of cinnamon stick
cloves to taste
ground cardamom to taste

continue heating on low until evaporated to a thick consistency and a nice creamy brown color ... usually 20 mins. or so. Serve.

No comments: