Sunday, January 30, 2005

unproductive weekend

unlike last weekend, this weekend was decidedly un-productive. Yesterday I meant to go home and come right back in the evening, but the snow and sleet kept me in Herndon. I finally escaped in the afternoon today ... got my supply of curries and sundries from mom, refueled the car, hit the ATM and went to Giant for Cranberry White Chocolate Oatmeal cookie ingredients.

I don't usually bake ... and I mean bake cookies or sweets in general. I did bake a chocolate frosted chocolate cake for a boyfriend's birthday once ... and ate most of it myself (he really liked pies and that was too ambitious for me to make in the short time I had between work and when he was coming over). But anyway, most things I bake, like biscuits and stuff usually come out of the oven resembling charcoal or building materials. I'm a Great cook, and I'm Great at baking meats and veggies in the oven, but things that are supposed to rise while baking confound me.

So tonight I'm going to attempt to bake these cranberry white chocolate chip oatmeal cookies which i once had at a diplomat's house. That is hopefully before I tear into the Craisins and eat them all.

Even though I haven't written my presentation or paper for Thursday's class, I did screen some Oscar nominated films.

No comments: