Monday, January 17, 2005

feline problems

I'm a stupid cat owner or something. The several times I've had to transport my precious cat, Valdemar, I've managed to shock him senseless and ended up in a catfight in the bathroom sink. He for some reason, I'm guessing in absolute terror, ends up shitting and pissing in his carrier while en route. What it means for me is enduring a very smelly drive and trying to bathe him at my destination, which ends up with me being scratched and feeling like a horrible person as I try to keep him in the sink by brute force. Last night had to be the worst ... he shitted and pissed on himself, and then I had to clean him in a newly painted beautiful red bathroom. He managed to escape midst torturous sink basin bath and escaped to his litter box, which I should've known better than to have kept open. Imagine, wet cat plus clay cat litter. Not pretty. After he got out, he shook himself, splattering clay kitty litter on my newly painted walls and on me. I had to give him another bath. Plus, he hasn't had his claws clipped in over two weeks, so rather than getting scratched I got punctured, on my shoulders, arms, and yes, even my neck, as he tried to escape into my hair or something. Finally, I gave up, hoping that I had at least gotten the shit off him and that he could clean himself of the clay litter. I feel so bad!!! Here's a cat who craves seeks and begs for affection and attention, and I can't even hold him or let him on my bed because he's still got litter stuck to him. :(

No comments: