Friday, January 21, 2005

I am Hardcore

Despite the raised eyebrows from my friends who saw the e-mail invite to hike Old Rag yesterday, after Wednesday nights snowfall ... we did it. There were five brave warriors who trudged up Old Rag Mountain under snow fall in treacherous icy conditions. I also realized on the ascent that I was sorely out of shape ... I think even my lungs are sore today (and for some reason my shoulders). Well I know why my shoulders are sore, I was vaulting over dinosaur sized boulders, precariously close to a 3,000 foot drop at the summit. We also ate and drank so much at the Bavarian Chef that it took us just as long to figure out the check as it did for us to eat the meal.

Last night I had barely enough energy to take a shower and collapse in my bed.

No comments: