Sunday, January 23, 2005

i know, so many have already spoken of this

Yesterday after I finished doing everything I thought could be productive and attempted to watch "The Tango Lesson." I was very excited to discover that my $100/mo. cable package comes with the Sundance and International Film channels. Well truthfully, my brain was not really in the mood to watch t.v. so I continued reading the 9/11 Commission Report. I must say very good read. There were two places the book got me completely choked up. The first was the introduction where it described the events on that infamous day and second was when it went into details about the rescue ops in the Chapter entitled "Heroes and Horrors."

It really brought back memories of my own rescue squad days, attempting to play hero every Sunday night from 6 PM to 6 AM at the Scottsville Rescue Squad. Very little actually ever happened at the Rescue Squad because it seemed maybe 12 families lived in our section ... (well I exaggerate). But I suppose its an extraordinary thing to be someone who put their own life at risk so that they may save other lives. Anyway, that was tearful part of it.

Well I just got back from working out and cleaning the snow off my car before it hardens and my car becomes encased in an igloo. Now I'm working up the courage to go to Whole Foods, only three blocks away to do some grocery shopping. So I can cook my Bengali-style Lebanese meatballs!

No comments: