Tuesday, January 18, 2005

even the cabbie quit

So I had no class tonight. But I stayed just in case and found three other people who were just as confused about today 'being the first day of classes' not realizing that GWU has an unwritten exception for one credit courses. After walking a mile in the blustering cold, I was determined to catch a cab. Once hopping into one, I kept hearing the cabbie mutter about the atrocious traffic. After spending 15 minutes in grid, he made it to the metro stop closest to the Elliott school, where I had just departed, and told me to get another cab and that he wouldn't charge me. He claimed the traffic was impossible. Before he did that, he called somebody and complained in Hindi about his passenger whom he had to drive (that being me). Well I gave up looking for another cab driver, hopped on the metro, changed out of my 3 in stiletto heeled boots and legged to it my building. Grudgingly. Every cab I saw was occupied. Why can't the inauguration be in freakin' Texas? My car is currently block locked, I can't drive South (towards the major arteries that will lead to VA) or East (the other way to get out to VA). Well it's good to be home and better to have gotten my little workout. Now I really hope that tomorrow I actually have a class, because I'm heading down there again.

No comments: